You are here
Oak Grove believes parents and guardians play an important and necessary role in their children's education. Our family engagement coordinator works to strengthen the partnership between families and schools.
Goals of Family Engagement
- Provide parents with a better understanding of the public education system.
- Build relationships with parents, schools, and staff to increase the level of family involvement in students’ education and parents’ participation in school decisions.
- Offer creative ways for parents to support children at home.
- Prepare students to graduate from high school ready for college and career.
- Prepare teachers for increased participation from diverse communities.
- Create a welcoming environment at schools.